Relieving Dental Anxiety with Oral Conscious Sedation
If you suffer from mild dental anxiety, you may benefit from oral conscious sedation. Dr. Beshar is pleased to provide this sedation dentistry option for our patients. By taking a small pill an hour before your dental appointment, you can minimize the stress often associated with visiting the dentist. You can obtain the dental care you need – without excessive worry.
- What is Oral Conscious Sedation?
- Benefits of Oral Conscious Sedation
- Risks of Oral Conscious Sedation
What is Oral Conscious Sedation?
Oral conscious sedation is a safe, effective solution for mild dental anxiety. This sedation dentistry option involves the administration of a mild sedative (in pill form) shortly before a patient’s dental appointment. The dentist prescribes the sedative, which the patient picks up from the pharmacy. One hour before his or her dental appointment, the patient takes the pill. By the time the patient arrives for his appointment, he is completely relaxed. Patients usually barely notice the effect of dental anesthetic at the beginning of the appointment.
Contact our office to learn more about oral conscious sedation. We welcome patients in New York and surrounding areas.
Benefits of Oral Conscious Sedation
The benefits of oral conscious sedation include the fact that it:
- Administered in pill form – no injection required
- Administered at home, allowing patients to relax before their appointment
- Wears off relatively quickly after the procedure
- Effectively treats mild dental anxiety
Risks of Oral Conscious Sedation
The risks of oral conscious sedation include the fact that it:
- Could not be appropriate for all patients
- Might cause adverse side effects in some patients
- Could not be effective against moderate to severe dental anxiety
- Does not provide pain relief; instead, an anesthetic is administered at the beginning of the dental appointment
Learn More about Oral Conscious Sedation – Contact Dr. Beshar
Contact our office to learn more about how you may benefit from oral conscious sedation. We welcome patients in New York and surrounding areas. When you secure our services, we will strive to exceed your expectations.